“Noooo! Why another classifieds site? Aren’t they evil, ugly and well boring.”
This was more or less the answer my wife gave me, after I told her that I would be working on a classifieds site in my spare time [drama added].
Hmm. So why am I doing a Classifieds site?
– Reason numero uno: Namibia (that is a country, for those of you who don’t know) does not have a Classifieds site
Well that’s not completely true. There are online Namibian classifieds sites out there, but they are ugly. I think Namibia deserves a pretty Classifieds site. Yay for that
– Reason numero duo: it’s been on my to-do list for five years after friends & family have asked me to do it. Their reason. See reason number 1.
– Additionally, it’s not so much about building a boring classifieds site. Rather I will be using some cool tools I want to experiment with in helping me build this site. I think you can make the most boring of projects/tasks interesting, by simply striving for awesomeness. ServiceStack, a web services framework, is helping me making this journey really enjoyable. [See all the [Tools] and Resources I am making use of]
– Earning money online: I am hoping to earn some money from this venture. I will be sharing income reports once I launch the site (inspired by Mr Pat Flynn )
I aim to do all this by sharing my work online (thank to Derek Sivers for the inspiration).
– the source code is open & hosted on github.com [link to be added]
– I will share milestones using this blog
– share stats & income reports of the actual Classifieds Site [once I launch it]
Sign up to my mailing list to stay updated